Most people think they know festivals, but we promise you’ve never been to something like Pickathon, and no matter what we or anyone else says, you won’t get it unless you come.
Q) How is Pickathon different from other top American music festivals?
- Pickathon is known worldwide as the premiere discovery festival featuring the rising stars and deep cuts of every music genre you can imagine.
- Pickathon limits attendance far below capacity so everyone has space to enjoy themselves and is able to get up close to every artist.
- Pickathon’s seven iconic venues are embedded in the forests, hills, meadows, and farm buildings of Pendarvis Farm.
- Pickathon rotates venues based on the time of day to keep everyone in natural shade.
- Artists play twice in two different venues.
- Pickathon is a zero-waste festival with almost no trash.
- Onsite tent camping is free with a weekend ticket.
- Pickathon’s food and beverage lineup represents the best of the PNW culinary scene.
- Pickathon has a mind and body wellness focus.
- You can feel safe and supported to bring your young kids and/or let your older kids run free.
- Water is free and abundant.
Q) Does Pickathon have a proven Discovery track record?
A) History is the best judge…
Here’s a small sample of past Pickathon artists…
Billy Strings, War on Drugs, Leon Bridges, Tyler Childers, Khruangbin, Courtney Barnett, Sturgill Simpson, Big Thief, Charlie Crockett, Angel Olsen, Lucy Dacus, Wet Leg, Beach House, Avett Brothers, Shakey Graves, Mac Demarco, Charlie Crockett, Kamasi Washington, Feist, Thundercat, Ty Segal, Neko Case, Colter Wall, Lake Street Dive, Dr. Dog, Gregory Alan Isakov, Sharon Van Etten, Black Pumas, Bill Callahan, Goth Babe, just to name a few…
We can’t tell you for sure who the breakout stars will be this year (see Youtube playlist below), but we promise that several Pickathon bands playing will be nominated for Grammys, become headliners at other national festivals, and earn a place in your personal year-end best artist list.
Check out the Pickthon 2023 Artist Playlists and Podcasts.
Q) Is there more than just Music at Pickathon?
A) Oh yea. The minute you set foot on the Farm you’ll understand. Pickathon is a magical vibe of music and nature interwoven with body & wellness, comedy, visual art, literature, family programming, artisanal food, craft vendors, DJs, beer, spirits, and more.
Q) Do Pickathon Tickets Sellout?
A) Yes, this year we expect all tickets to be gone well before the festival starting with car camping and RV passes.
Q) What is Pendarvis Farm like as a festival location?
A) 80+ acres of lush PNW forests, views of Mt Hood, rolling hills, open meadows, stages integrated into the landscape, showers, abundant free water, and 4+ miles of lighted trails.
Q) Is it true that artists like playing Pickathon?
A) Yes. Artists often tell us that Pickathon was their favorite festival experience.
“This is the most amazing place I think I’ve ever played before.” – Neko Case on the Wood Stage
“Pickathon is the best…I’ve been taste-testing festivals around the world…This is what they’re all trying to do” – Feist on the Wood Stage
“Best American festival period.” – Ty Segall