Wanting to make sure we get these thoughts while they are still vivid and semi-fresh, here are our first batch of questions to help generate feedback for 2009 Pickathon. We use this feedback in our yearly planning, and appreciate when folks are able to contribute.
We are always working super hard in hopes of accommodating everyone here at Pickathon in the best possible way, we try to keep the festival fun for all ages, where everyone can be involved. The sky is our limit with future possibilities at Pickathon. With that in mind, there are always things to change and ideas to refine, hang ups and bang ups that occur during the weekend, and areas of the Festival that just need a little improvement to get it just right… We want to hear about it all.
And as many folks out there have expressed in the past…there is also much about Pickathon that is so good that things need not alter from one year to the next. We want to hear about it all.
Here’s what you can do…
Either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply post below in the comments….we take it all to heart, so please try to make it well rounded. There you have it, please let us know what you think.
Today we concentrate on the ‘Festival’ itself…including the following topics:
Camping, Parking, EcoShuttle, Venues/Stages, Sound, Pendarvis Farm (Festival Grounds), Vendors, Staff/Volunteers…and?
1. Any thoughts on Camping? (good areas?, room for improvement?)
2. What do you think about our Parking? (please keep in mind that this will be the area that feels the growth the most in the coming years, and also we are providing FREE shuttles from Portland – in hopes of limiting the overall ‘car impact’)
3. How about the EcoShuttle? (memories of your ride? ways to help improve this? things that went well with the shuttle?)
4. Anything notable about the Stages and Venues we had this year? (outdoor stages, woods stage, galaxy barn, workshop barn..)
5. What about the Sound and lights and overall atmosphere at those stages? (good or bad?….parts that you enjoyed/appreciated? ideas for improvement?)
6. The Festival Grounds? (Pendarvis Farm…. Our Shade, backdrops, decor?, the Lights at night? The Honey Buckets (was there enough?, clean?, properly placed?), Drinking Water, Hand Washing, Oasis Showers and Sauna, anything else?
7. What about our Vendors this year? (Anyone to applause? Anyone to question? Praises, complaints…..?)
8. Our Staff….our Volunteers? (anyone standout…good or bad?, thoughts or ideas on staffing/volunteers?)
9. Beer Gardens?
10. Anything else related to the ‘Festival’ that stuck out in your mind?
That does it for today, next we will discuss the Talent, Schedule, MC’s, Kids Activities, Pickathon Website, Ticketing, Merchandise, Newsletter, and anything else we can think of…..
You thank you in advance for the good thoughts and ideas for helping make Pickathon the best it can be for all that attend.